CCS, Inc. (booth # 3219)
Carter Control Systems is a leading provider of automated material handling and industrial automation solutions to customers around the country. Our company is built on four key principles – Cooperation, Responsibility, Communication and Quality. These principles are embedded in everything we do and drive us to help our customers transform their operations. Headquartered in Frederick, MD, we provide a full range of equipment, controls and software that helps customers address all aspects of their material handling and industrial automation needs.We serve a wide variety of customers in the distribution, e-commerce, fulfillment, mail/parcel and government sectors. Our focus is always on the customer, and we take great pride in helping our customers realize their material handling goals.
Location: Frederick, MD
Relocation Assistance: Will be provided to qualified candidates
Where to Apply: www.lummus.com/careers > Electrical Design
The Electrical Design - Controls Engineer is responsible for electrical system designs for Material Handling projects including control panel designs for conveyors, robotic cells and sortation systems. This position is focused on complete projects for site-specific customer needs. The successful candidate will partner with other CCS functions to ensure drawings and software are completed as required to support scopes and schedules of projects. CCS offers a stable, growing work environment, positive team atmosphere and long-term opportunity for advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical to design electrical systems including control panels for conveyor, sortation, robotics and other material handling projects.
- Design and spec motor and control circuits in accordance with UL508A specifications.
- Plan push-button controls and custom consoles.
- Calculate power and choose the appropriate control transformers and circuit breakers.
- Generate holistic control panel, consoles and field components BOM’s.
- Completes production order notifying manufacturing group as what items need manufactured and wired.
- Design complex electrical systems that integrate hardware and software.
- Work cross functionally, with customer representatives and third-party vendors to ensure all aspects of a project are considered during all project phases.
- Travel within the US less than 20%
- Bachelors Degree Electrical Engineering
- 2 or more years’ material handling system/equipment knowledge
- 3 or more years’ electrical system design experience including industrial control panels along with AC/DC circuitry, single and 3 phase motors
- 3 or more years’ experience selecting PLC’s and components for systems in addition to selecting I/O wiring and power distribution points
- 3 or more years’ AutoCAD experience gained from creating electrical drawings and schematics
- 2 or more years’ knowledge of designing I/O network layouts
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to write clearly about highly technical subject matter
- Capacity to analyze a problem and then implement creative solutions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with high emotional IQ
- High attention to detail with a desire for excellence
- Masters Degree Electrical Engineering
- 1 or more years’ AutoCAD Electrical experience
- EtherNet or DeviceNet experience is helpful, not required
KEYWORDS: Material handling equipment, automation solutions, storage and retrieval systems, palletizing or de-palletizing robots, conveyor, sortation systems, picking technologies, warehouse control software, automation solutions, Controls Engineer, Panel Design Engineer, Electrical System Design Engineer, EE Design Engineer, EE Controls Engineer
CCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
||7118 Geoffrey Way Suite A
||United States of America
« Back to Careers