CCS, Inc. (booth # 3219)
CCS (Lummus) is a leading provider of automated material handling and industrial automation solutions to customers around the country. Our company is built on four key principles – Cooperation, Responsibility, Communication and Quality. These principles are embedded in everything we do, and drive us to help our customers transform their operations. Headquartered in Frederick, MD, we provide a full range of equipment, controls and software that helps customers address all aspects of their material handling and industrial automation needs. We serve a wide variety of customers in the distribution, e-commerce, fulfillment, mail/parcel and government sectors. Our focus is always on the customer, and we take great pride in helping our customers realize their material handling goals.
Location: Frederick, MD
Relocation Assistance: Will be provided to qualified candidates
Where to Apply: www.lummus.com/careers > robotics
The Research and Development (R&D) Robotics Engineer is part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for full product lifecycle development of material handling and robotic solutions. Use of computer-aided design, drafting and computer-aided manufacturing (CADD/CAM) systems to design and create programs for ABB, Fanuc, Motoman and Kuka robots. The Robotics engineer will work cross functionally to understand customers’ needs and then produce customized solutions. We are highly interested in Robotics or Mechanical Engineers who have created material handling solutions using emerging technology for the E-Commerce, Warehousing or Postal industries are highly encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, program, install and maintain robotic material handling solutions, including end-of-arm tooling, that integrates with robust conveyor systems, sorting devices and other peripherals, such as welders or controllers.
- Plan automated robotic systems that increase production volume or precision in high-throughput operations, such as automated sorting, moving or stacking of materials.
- Analyze, evaluate, and document robotic projects.
- Install, calibrate, operate, document, and aid in robot maintenance.
- Conduct research on emerging robotic technology to create new material handling solution offering and improve customer capabilities.
- Review or approve designs, calculations, or cost estimates.
- Write algorithms or programming code for ad hoc robotic applications.
- Process or interpret signals or sensor data.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of robotic mechanisms, components, or systems, such as planetary rovers, multiple mobile robots, reconfigurable robots, or man-machine interactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor
- 3 or more years of technical experience in designing robot and/or industrial automation solutions
- Advanced computer skills with ability to learn new software packages
- Initiative to take on responsibilities and challenges without hesitation; self-starter
- Can demonstrate a history of providing simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent written and communication, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to anticipate, size, and mitigate risk
- MS Office (Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Experience with object-oriented programming, preferably C++
- Up to 15% travel
- Mechanical or Mechatronics degree or knowledge
- 2 or more years Robotic Programming Experience with one or more of the following: ABB, Fanuc, Motoman, Kuka
- 5 or more years of technical experience in designing industrial automation solutions
- Design system and select components in accordance with NFPA, IEC, & UL standards
- Knowledge of Material Handling Solutions development
- Robot Simulation Experience
- C++ programming
- Knowledge of safety and regulatory standards for machinery
- Experience performing, documenting, and maintaining risk assessments
KEYWORDS: Robot engineers, robotics engineer, robot test engineer, robotics test engineers, automation system engineers, manufacturing assembly line, HMI, Human Machine Interfaces, warehousing, postal, eCommerce, e-commerce, automation, warehouse, distribution center, distribution centers, Mechanical Engineer, EE Design, C++, Object Oriented Programming, OOP, BSEE, Mechatronics, MSEE, Bachelors degree in Engineering Technology
CCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Preferred Contact Method
||7118 Geoffrey Way Suite A
||United States of America
« Back to Careers