CCS, Inc. (booth # 3219)
Carter Control Systems is a leading provider of automated material handling and industrial automation solutions to customers around the country. Our company is built on four key principles – Cooperation, Responsibility, Communication and Quality. These principles are embedded in everything we do and drive us to help our customers transform their operations. Headquartered in Frederick, MD, we provide a full range of equipment, controls and software that helps customers address all aspects of their material handling and industrial automation needs. We serve a wide variety of customers in the distribution, e-commerce, fulfillment, mail/parcel and government sectors. Our focus is always on the customer, and we take great pride in helping our customers realize their material handling goals.
Location: Frederick, MD
Relocation Assistance: Will be provided to qualified candidates
Where to Apply: www.lummus.com/careers > Project Manager
The Project Manager, Material Handling Solutions, provides leadership of project teams covering the planning and coordination, scheduling, implementation, testing, financial and cost management, contract administration, customer communications, deliverable's and relationships on material handling solution projects. The PM also ensures that the project is completed on time, on budget (at margin), with complete customer satisfaction. PM's interested in working for a company focused on the future of material handling solutions should apply today.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, lead, coach and mentor matrixed project teams to aid customers achieving material handling solution project goals
- Create and or lead team in project document, report creation and delivery of them for full project life-cycle including schedule, updated schedule, PSR, master budget, forecast, commissioning plan, - acceptance testing, customer sign-off and invoicing process.
- Attend, at times in person, key stakeholder meetings such as turnover, kick-off, project planning, installation kick-off, or customer sign off..
- Implement change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders.
- Attend or conducts weekly project status meetings, design reviews and approvals
- Administers subcontracts and approves vendor invoices; reviews subcontracts.
- Manages project close-out which include turnover to Customer Service and final payments
- Participates in proposal efforts for new business and facilitates sales support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience gained from leading and owning the full project lifecycle for fully implemented material handling solutions
- 8+ years of technical experience in conveyor systems, construction, or similar manufacturing environments
- 2+ years experience coaching, mentoring and leading Project Managers, strategic project planning, resource allocation and overall coordination of people and resources
- 2+ years use of engineering principles and practices related to the concept and design of conveyor systems and material handling
- 1+ years’ experience with business and accounting principles and practices, contract language, and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Demonstrated ability to provide best in class customer service including meeting quality standards for installation, and quantitative evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Initiative to take on responsibilities and challenges without hesitation; self starter
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and make good business decisions in ambiguous environments
- Has a deep understanding of lean continuous improvement methodologies and demonstrates a history of providing simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent written and communication, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to anticipate, size, and mitigate risk
- MS Office (Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word); AutoCAD (basic)
- MS Project / Project Server
- Travel required up to 25%
- Regularly work in an office setting including stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- At times stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally sit and climb or balance and use hand tools
- Lift/Move up to 50lbs
- PMP Certification preferred
- Experience mentoring other project managers
CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
||7118 Geoffrey Way Suite A
||United States of America
« Back to Careers