CCS, Inc. (booth # 3219)
Carter Control Systems is a leading provider of automated material handling and industrial automation solutions to customers around the country. Our company is built on four key principles – Cooperation, Responsibility, Communication and Quality. These principles are embedded in everything we do and drive us to help our customers transform their operations.
Headquartered in Frederick, MD, we provide a full range of equipment, controls and software that helps customers address all aspects of their material handling and industrial automation needs.We serve a wide variety of customers in the distribution, e-commerce, fulfillment, mail/parcel and government sectors. Our focus is always on the customer, and we take great pride in helping our customers realize their material handling goals.
The R&D Controls Engineer / Automation Engineer is responsible for designing automation equipment, specifying electrical components, controls and PLC programming. Together the R&D team plays a leading role in the development of automation solutions including robotics, vision systems and controls systems. Preferred candidates are strong EE’s with PLC programming knowledge, proficient in AutoCad, passionate about new designs, integrating robotics and automation equipment. Lummus Group offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), vacation and a team-oriented work environment. To learn more about CCS: Visit Carter Controls
Location: Frederick, MD
Relocation Assistance: Will be provided to qualified candidates
Where to Apply: www.lummus.com/careers > R&D Controls Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- PLC programming
- Control and Power panel designs; AutoCAD required, AutoCAD Electrical preferred.
- Specifying electrical components and controls for custom automation equipment.
- Design of automation equipment to specifications.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Control network designs.
- Work with vision systems in integrating vision application. (will train as needed)
- Exhibit excellent communication skills with interdisciplinary groups.
- New engineering design: able to extract requirements and determine steps to implement using referenced designs.
- Troubleshoot hardware and associated IO.
- Familiarity with various sensors and actuators.
- Conducts formal internal design reviews to ensure designs meet design requirements.
- Develop & execute validation test plans.
- No direct reports
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Travel percentage: <15%
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years PLC Programming including RS Logix 5000
- 3 or more years of Industrial Control Panel design experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD including creation of schematics and electrical components
- Demonstrated ability to specify electrical components and sub systems including motion controls, safety circuits, power supplies, I/O systems, sensors etc.
- Familiarity with robotic systems, processes and deployment of robotics in sophisticated applications
- Acquainted with vision systems and integrating vision application in robotic systems
- Familiar with common electrical practices and standards including NFPA70-79 / UL508A/
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Successful history of working cross functionally with Mechanical and Software Engineering
- Work environment: the work environment; temperature, noise level, inside or outside, or other factors that will affect the person's working conditions while performing the job. Work will take place in Office setting, R&D Test Lab, Manufacturing Floor, Warehouse
- Physical demands: the physical demands of the job, include bending, sitting, lifting and driving.
- Full time exempt, typical business working hours, and occasional overtime during project peak times.
- 10 yrs Expertise in designing and troubleshooting AC and DC electrical controls for robotic and automation equipment
- RS Studio 5000
- AutoCAD Electrical experience
- Material handling experience
- Control systems design experience
- PLC experience a plus
- Machinery control network design experience (EIP, DeviceNet, CAN, Profinet, EtherCAT etc.)
- Structured text, C, C++, Function Block Diagram, FBD, function block programming
KEYWORDS: Photoelectric sensors, BSEE, BSET, Electromechanical, Allen Bradley, ladder logic, ABB, Fanuc, IEC 61131 standard, programmable controllers, embedded controls system
CCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
||7118 Geoffrey Way Suite A
||United States of America
« Back to Careers